How many outfits should we bring?
I would bring at least 4 outfits, but if you are unsure of an outfit bring it!
How long will a session last?
Each session can last from 1-2 hours. Newborns and babies can take longer if they need a bottle or diaper change. Travel to locations does not count in your shooting time. I want our session to feel comfortable and relaxed, I will shoot until we both feel satisfied with what we have.
How many pictures will I get?
Each session will vary, but you should expect between 20-40 pictures.
What happens after the session is over?
After the session is complete I will handcraft each image, removing blemishes and some creative touches, like black and white and textures. Images are ready anywhere from 3 days to 10 days after the session, they will be presented to you in an online password protected gallery. Your gallery will be up for 14 days. Prints can be ordered and paid for directly through your gallery and should be placed within 14 days. After 14 days your gallery will be removed. Your gallery can be rehosted for 10 days for $25.
Payment is due at the day of your session before any shooting will begin. Print orders will be placed once payment is received. Accepted forms of payment are cash, check, money order and PayPal.
What do we wear for our Family Session?
What do we wear for our Maternity Session?
- Wear anything you feel comfortable in and LOVE. Avoid patterns, stripes and plaids unless you love them and they are a true representation of your personality.
- I like solid colors: white, black, brown, gray. Avoid bright pink and yellow – they never look great.
- Pants – jeans (any color), black pants (yoga pants work well)
- Necklines – select v-necks, square necks, turtlenecks or deep scoop necks. Women should avoid crew-necks.
- Sleeves – Long-sleeved shirts tend to be the most flattering, but sleeveless and spaghetti straps also work. Women should avoid t-shirt length sleeves unless they have beautiful, sculpted or very thin upper arms.
- Fabrics – look for clingy, not necessarily tight, fabrics with a little stretch.
- Shirts – big, white, button-down rumpled man’s shirt. Any shirt or cardigan that opens down the front works well.
- Tanks – anything clingy, fitted or stretchy in solid colors (white, black, red, blue…)
- Men should bring jeans or khaki pants or any other dark bottoms
- I encourage rumpled (not starched), plain white shirts
- Throw a regular, WHITE and/or BLACK crew-neck t-shirt in the bag, too.
- Bring solid, dark colors like black, dark brown, navy blue and charcoal gray tops and bottoms. Layers are great; wear the t-shirt under a crew- or v-neck sweater or jacket.
- Bring large or small props that have meaning. Bring stuffed animals, building blocks, flowers… Anything that was made for baby specifically, or something you want to incorporate into the nursery.
- Don’t wear anything binding to the shoot to avoid marks on your skin. This includes bras with under wires, ribbed socks and hair bands on your wrist.